Overview


Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Heaven Awaits

With a heavy heart I share these two stories.

I want the world to know just how wonderful these two men were, even though I never met them personally. How do I know this? The women in their lives have touched many of us via their precious stories. From these stories we draw strength and courage to face life’s challenges and for that, I’m grateful.

We all know death is a part of life, but it certainly hurts when it comes. Two of my dear Bloggyland friends lost loved ones this week.  My heart aches for them both so I offer these tributes and encouraging words.

cybheartdiv
Dave Bricker, husband of Sandra of Thistle Cove Farm passed away Saturday, Nov. 5 
~this was Sandra’s post yesterday~

Rest In Peace

“TAZEWELL, VA. — Forrest David Bricker, age 66, of The Cove in Tazewell, VA., died Saturday, November 5, 2011 at his home on Thistle Cove Farm. Born May 7, 1945 at Ravenna Arsenal, Ohio, he was a son of the late Forrest Davis Bricker and Mary Crockett Bowen Bricker. He was a graduate of Beaver High School and graduated with honors from West Virginia University. Dave was a U.S. Army Veteran, honorably discharged with the rank of Captain. He was a retired stock broker, and currently served as President of Sibley Coal & Coke Company, Manager of Sibley Communications & Energy, and was Director of Logistics for Sibley Communications, all of Bluefield, W.VA. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his first wife, Catherine Wirtz Bricker.
He is survived by his wife,
Sandra Bennett; one sister, Carol Bricker Pharr of Earlysville, VA.; many family members including, nieces, a nephew, cousins, an uncle, in-laws and friends.
The family will receive friends from 6-8 p.m., Tuesday, November 8, 2011 at Peery & St. Clair Funeral Home in Tazewell, VA.
Graveside services and interment will be at Hollywood Cemetery in Richmond, VA on Wednesday, November 9, 2011 with Pastor Jerome Hancock of the Southside Church of the Nazarene and Pastor George Ferguson officiating.
In lieu of flowers, Dave's request was that you take someone special out to dinner.

Blessings ~ me, for having twenty-two beautiful years with Dave ~”

cybheartdiv

Sheryl’s father, passed away Monday, Nov. 7

~this was Sheryl’s post today on her blog Ain’t For City Gals~

DAD LOVE

dad  father's day 010

“I was going to title this final DAD LOVE...

but I know it is not.

It is with sadness I tell you my dad passed away yesterday...Monday....Nov. 7th.

My sisters, my mom and myself did it all the way to the end.

We didn't even call Hospice ...though we did text our nurse a couple of times.

The funeral will be Friday...Veteran's Day.

I mean ..really dad...could you have planned it any better?

In lieu of flowers it is asked that a kind deed be done in his name.

My dad's last words to me were "Please don't cry"

I didn't promise him...

love you dad...”

Sheryl mentioned in one of her posts that the song that kept playing in her head was by Juice Newton, “The Sweetest Thing.”

“…You're my sunshine, you're my rain
The sweetest thing I've ever known is loving you.”

These two wonderful women have inspired me by their strength and courage during difficult times. They both have hearts of gold.

It’s amazing to me how those who sincerely love, continue to GIVE, even in death. That’s evident in the requests these men made~

Dave and family requested in lieu of flowers, that you take someone special out to dinner.

Shery’s dad and family requested in lieu of flowers a kind deed be done in his name.

I just wanted to express my heartfelt sympathy and remind them that our loving, heavenly Father wants to comfort and love us in our darkest hours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heavenly-Rays-1
God loves you and understands what you're going through. When Jesus stood by the tomb of His friend Lazarus, He knew that shortly He would bring Lazarus back to life—but the Bible still says that ‘Jesus wept’ (John 11:35). This is the shortest verse in the Bible, but it reveals a great truth about Christ's compassion for those who grieve. The Bible says, ‘Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail’ (Lamentations 3:22).

 

Blessings to All,

Kathy

9 comments:

Kenny And Angela's Adventure said...

Very nice blog..very sad week for some very nice people.

Jim and Sandie said...

A beautiful tribute to beautiful people.

Sue and Doug said...

a lovely tribute to two beautiful people!....couldn't heaven have waited..the good go early it seems.. :*(

Carol K said...

I especially liked the requests "in lieu of flowers" of both families. Thanks for blogging about this, Kathy.

Donna K said...

What a wonderful legacy these men have left. Thanks for taking the time to post such a heartfelt blog and your own thoughts on life and love. God Bless.

Happytrails said...

What a beautiful tribute to two beautiful lives. Prayers going to the families!

Elaine said...

wonderful tribute to both...may they both rest in peace..thoughts are with their families...

Southern Lady said...

Praying for both families! Carla

Dennis and Donna said...

I really liked the way they chose to celebrate the lives of 2 lovely souls...