Overview


Saturday, June 25, 2011

qUaRtEr sIZe MoSqUiToEs

Welcome New Followers!

The Solla-Mates- Happily Hitched: An RV Blog

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Time to mOSeY aLoNg…

Our time in Iowa is drawing to a close. We’ve had a nice two week stay here at the KOA in Onawa on the Lewis and Clark Trail. This is a lovely park built on Blue Lake where you can fish, swim, ride paddleboats and lots more.

Owners Terry and Linda, along with Martha, Jim and the others have been so helpful and friendly. We’ve had the place to ourselves except for the weekends which has been great!

There’s just one problem…

 

MOSQUITOES

THE

SIZE

OF

QUARTERS!!!

mosquitoes mosquito

…and they swarm in VERY large groups! With all the flooding in the area I’m certain this will be an ongoing nuisance. ~Might ought to buy some stock in the companies that make repellant~

╔══════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════╗ 

Robert’s new assignment is in Pascagoula, Mississippi.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an RV Park in that area?

I found several online but personal reviews are best. You know, like… “the pictures don’t show it but a train runs thru the  middle of the campground twice a day!”

Just thought some of my friends in Bloggeritaville (term borrowed from a super blog entitled Bloggeritaville) might have some reviews.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

2010-04-29 17.44.50

I don’t miss much about our “sticks and bricks” home like mowing, pulling weeds, cleaning, painting, sweeping porches, raking leaves…shall I go on? However, ONE thing I DO miss - my beautiful flowers. Peonies, tulips, daylilies, lilacs, roses…Gosh I miss those! So when y’all are posting pictures of flowers either in your yard or from one of your excursions, know that I appreciate them so much! Just wish I had “smellavision”…Hey, maybe that’s the next big thing for the next iPad!

Blessings Y’all!

Kathy

10 comments:

Sue and Doug said...

those mosquitos look nasty!!..Avon skin so soft?..works up here on our little mosquitos!..maybe it will work on those big honkin' ones!..hope you didn't get too many bites!!

Jim and Sandie said...

This is going to be a miserable year for mosquitoes in so many places that have had so much water this year. Just hate them.

Not having been to Pascagoula - no reviews on campgrounds. Hope you found a good one with lots and lots of flowers for you.

Dennis and Donna said...

We hear ya..Our mosquitos are so big here..we should be able to use them as an income tax deduction!!

Rick said...

I don't miss those mosquitoes at all. We hardly ever see them here on Vancouver Island so we're pretty lucky.

My Grama's Soul said...

Good morning Kathy.....We often use the website RV Park Reviews.com when finding places to stay. I know they always have tons of reviews of the parks and we usually stay in one that is a 7 or above. Hope this helps.

Also, I agree about the flowers.....although...I do bring some plants along. When traveling...I simply put them in the bottom of the shower and it creates a little greenhouse effect. They actually do quite nicely.

Have a beautiful Sunday,

Jo

Happytrails said...

I wish the mosquitoes around here would LEAVE! They have been bad this spring. We have a nice place to sit out and enjoy but they run us off every time!

Carol K said...

I hate mosquitoes! We've been having a lot of them here in West Yellowstone. Makes it kind of miserable to sit outside in the late afternoon. I grew up in Iowa (Osage) and remember how we always had to fight the mosquitoes every summer. The fireflies, however, were great!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Believe it's called either a lemon or citrus geranium plant...smells like Citronella and does a grand job of keeping bugs away.
God speed on your journey; if you're near us, southwest VA, stop by. We haven't any hook-ups but you can sleep in the house -grin-.

Anonymous said...

I have been with out a house to call my own with my own yard now for 7 years and I want a house again to call my own and a yard to play in the dirt and and and -- missing it all .. even the pulling of the weeds -- well maybe not so much the weeds -- but my veggies garden and flower tons -- Maybe you could stop a long the way pickup a plant or two of flowering plants to set out each time you stop -- that is hat I've done - a few years back when I was living in a RV -- now it's been condo life and sand not the same -- hugs! be safe ..

ThE MidLiFe CrUiSeR said...

We're being devoured by mosquitos here in Oregon. They are highly evolved over here. They use a knife and fork to REALLY dig into your skin. HATE HATE HATE HATE them!!!! My arms look like I have scabies! Blech! I hate them :(