Overview


Thursday, January 6, 2011

one ringie dingie

Remember these? They’re almost a thing of the past.

actually saw one in a flea market recently

c  a  r  e  f  u  l …you’ll tell your age…

IMG_8296

So, here we are in California where everything is supposed to be the newest, the fastest, the coolest, the “in thing” and what do I see …

a payphone booth, complete with the local phone book!

Hey where’s the Shoeshine Boy?

underdog2

now if you remember THIS cartoon, you’re REALLY telling your age~

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today we began our journey traveling south on Hwy 101 from Eureka, CA.

Knowing we were in BIGFOOT country we kept our eyes wide open hoping to catch a glimpse of him.

Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_2093 - Copy Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_2094 - Copy

n

   o

        p

             e

   no luck

bigfoot.landmark pic

All we saw were more Redwoods. Notice the  “velvet” (moss-covered)trees on the left.

IMG_8181   Redwoods(5)

We settled into POMO RV Park in Fort Bragg, CA. on Hwy 1 for the night.

Tomorrow we’ll drive along on the beautiful Mendocino Coast.

~charging all camera batteries since I hear it’s breathtaking~

 

what’s that rank smell…

and that groaning sound under the camper…

~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**

Welcome New Followers!

Russ Krecklow

Heidi

Donna aka Froggi

Debbie Goode

 

It thrills me that someone actually reads this stuff!

Blessings Ya’ll!

Kathy

12 comments:

-Heidi said...

Thanks for the welcome!

~Heidi
http://vansteaders.blogspot.com/

Kenny And Angela's Adventure said...

I'll show my age I remember all those things.

Sue and Doug said...

great post!..and happy picture taking and safe travels to you both!!!

Sue Malone said...

We stayed at Pomo back in November and really enjoyed it. It was quite empty when we were there, so that made it nicer I think. Enjoying following along on your trip.

Rick said...

I actually remember those booths, but I don't think I ever saw one that had a phone book remaining in it! Looking forward to all your travel pics!

Donna K said...

You are just tooooo funny! Loved your post. And yes, I remember Underdog - watching him with my CHILDREN that is!!

Russ Krecklow said...

UnderDog, ya just gotta love him!!

He didn't change in a phone booth, like Clark Kent did he?

Speaking of Bigfoot, there is actually a Bigfoot live trap in southern Oregon. Saw it on a website. I'll try to find the link for you.

Thanks for the welcome. Love your blog. Blessings to you.

Dennis and Donna said...

All you needed was Clark Kent and it would have been perfect!..Yes, I remember all that stuff and more...I remember watching Flash Gordon, starring Buster Crabbe..and the evil Emperor Ming...Now there's an example of good long term memory, bad short term...cause I can't remember what I ate for breakfast this morning...

Russ Krecklow said...

Here is one link to that big foot trap that I mentioned. There seem to be a lot more.

http://www.examiner.com/western-states-travel-in-portland/catch-bigfoot-fever-southern-oregon

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

I am glad those things are mostly a thing of the past. I had to use them when I was in college in New York city and the smell was truly awful-every time!

Kathy said...

It's been great reading all your crazy, funny, kind comments! Blessings, K

The Good Luck Duck said...

And Polly Purebred!

My mother told me about them. Yeah.