Overview


Wednesday, February 2, 2011

BellaBoo and DixieDoodle

As the saying goes, “A dog is man’s best friend.” I believe this since my little BellaBoo is my companion.  

She’s the one who snuggles with me, walks by my side, begs for morsels, and even licks tears from my face. when robert isn’t around  She’s always ready to run, play chase, fetch her narled up chicken toy, and lay on her back while I rub her tummy. She’s such a lovey little joy!

Bella’s first home was with Danielle in Tampa. She loved the beach and almost blended into the sugar white sand.  

Blog

    I brought her home to Missouri where she shared our home with Dixie, our lovable mini dachshund. They were great buddies! When we made the decision to travel full-time we knew we’d need to find a wonderful home for our little Doodle since she would need to be able to run and play. She is now in a loving home with Bill whose dog died after 17 years of companionship so he needed a new best friend. Dixie instantly bonded with him. I’ll never forget the big tears running down his face when Dixie jumped into his arms the first time they met. It was a perfect match. ♥

Dixie 

We really miss her~

I’ve had lots of “best friends” thru the years, from beagles to a St. Bernard. They all brought me joy in one way or another. Even though this companionship includes bath-time and poopie-pick-up, it’s worth it. Nothing compares with the tail-wagging excitement Bella shows when she sees me~

Bella

Do you have a “best friend?”

What’s your fondest memory of your tail-wagging companion? 

 

WELCOME NEW FOLLOWERS! 

trailercamper

Levonne  

Aracelis

msucheermom

John's Journeys

 

Blessings Y’all!

8 comments:

Rick said...

I've never had to give away one of our dogs but it must be terribly hard to do even when the dog is going to a wonderful home. We've lost dogs, of course, due to age and illness and that's as hard as it gets.

Hopefully, our pups Molly and Rylie will be around with us for many, many years to come.

Kenny And Angela's Adventure said...

We have three right. I drove a truck for 28 years, I had a little Schnauzer ride with me for 16 years.

Sue and Doug said...

nothing like the loss of a pet..how difficult it must have been to give up your little dashhound!..Bella is so cute!!!
as for us..we had one golden that we lost 5 years ago..now there is Tucker, our two year old golden..he is 'the golden boy'..nuff said!

Southern Lady said...

Don't our furry friends add alot to our lives? I have three dogs, however, Freckles is the one that has my heart! Carla

Dennis and Donna said...

We have had 3 Siamese cats, Sam, Ralph, Dirty Harry...a St.Bernard named Bruno, and black Lab, Gypsy. We thought about getting another dog after we had Gypsy put down, but didn't. Now we are used to being without an animal..won't get another one till be are house-bound. We miss it, but don't want to be tied to one just yet...

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Southern California, USA

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You, ~Ron :-)

Kathy said...

Hey, Ron that's great! We're in the San Francisco area right now. How awesome is this weather?
Glad to have you on board and I'll go check out your blog!
Kathy

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Kathy,
Oh yes we do love our little furry friends. Our family dog died about 3 years old, her name was Kona. We still miss her. Maybe one day when we retire we will consider getting another dog.We still have Kona's photo out and I smile at her every time I walk by..everyone in the family misses her..
Your sweet ones are adorable.
Big hugs, Elizabeth